d. Towing S250 Shelter Vehicle from Rear (Rear Wheels Up).
It will be necessary to remove the wrecker lifting eyes (shackle) prior to attaching the
(1) Attach the eye of the towbar (3) to the pintle (4) of the vehicle requiring towing and the towbar arms
to the wrecker rear lifting eye attaching bracket.
Ensure that wrecker hoisting boom and hook are centered over the lifting shackles.
Failure to do this may result in difficult turning during towing operations.
If necessary, relocate the rear lifting shackles from the ends of the bumper to the location
(2) Install the two hooks of chain assembly (1) through the rear lifting shackles (6) and attach the chain
assembly (1) to the wreckers hoisting hook (2).
(3) Secure safety chain (5) to towed vehicles frame and to wrecker directly behind bumpers and let
safety chain (5) dip to about 1 ft (30.5 cm) from the ground.
Prior to towing vehicle with rear wheels up, secure steering wheel to prevent front wheels
from turning. Failure to do this may cause damage to vehicle and injury or death to
(4) Secure steering wheel.
(5) If towing operation is over a distance of 30 mi (48 km), remove front propeller shaft.
(6) Place transmission and transfer case shift levers in "N" (neutral).
(7) Depress parking brake release button and release parking brake lever
(8) Lift rear wheels from ground.
Do not exceed 15 mph (24 kph) towing speed. Avoid sharp turns and U-turns when
towing. Failure to comply may cause damage to equipment.
(9) Proceed with towing operations.