b. Towing Vehicle from Front (Front Wheels Up).
Ensure that towbar is connected to towing brackets as shown in illustration.
(1) Attach towbar (5) to brackets (1) and to wrecker towing pintle.
Ensure that wrecker hoisting boom and hook are centered over the lifting shackles.
Failure to do this may result in difficult turning during towing operations.
(2) Install chain assembly (3) through lifting shackles (2) and attach chain assembly (3) to the wreckers
hoisting hook (4).
(3) Secure safety chain (6) to towed vehicles frame and to wrecker directly behind the bumpers and let
safety chain (6) dip to about 1 ft (30.5 cm) from the ground.
(4) Hoist vehicle to be towed.
(5) If towing operation is more than a distance of 30 mi (48 km), or towing speed is expected to be over
30 mph (48 kph), remove rear propeller shaft and rotor.
(6) Place transmission and transfer case shift levers in N (neutral).
(7) Depress parking brake release button and release parking brake lever.
(8) Proceed with towing operation.