Replace rotary switch (para. 4-10).
Repair wiring or replace
harness (para. 4-80).
REAR OF ROTARY SWITCH
1. Set the voltmeter to a DC volts scale of at
least 40 volts.
2. Connect the RED lead to positive and the
BLACK lead to negative.
3. Be sure to read the correct scale.
1. Set the voltmeter to an ohms scale of about
2. Connect the RED and BLACK leads to the
connections stated in the question.
3. Be sure to read the correct scale. Less than
5 ohms indicates continuity. For an open
circuit, ttre meter should peg full scale
(needle all the way to the left).
DC VOLTAGE O-45 VOLTS
1. Connect RED clip to the indicated test point,
BLACK clip to negative or ground.
2. Start Test 89. DC Volts.
3. Displayed reading is in volts.
RESISTANCE AND CONTINUITY
STMCE-R TEST 91
1. Connect RED clip and BLACK clip to the
terminations indicated in the question.
RED to the first. BLACK to the second.
2. Start Test 91.04.500
3. Displayed reading is in ohms. Less than 5
ohms is continuity.
If the resistance is over
4.500 ohms, STEACE-R displays .126.96.36.199.