Replace batteries (para. 4-74).
STUICE-R TEST 67
1. Start Test 67. Battery Voltage.
2. Displayed reading is in volts. Batteries should
be 23-25.5 volts. Batteries voltage will drop
when glow plugs turn on.
1. Set the voltmeter to a DC volts scale of at
least 40 volts.
2. Connect the RED lead to positive and the
BLACK lead to negative.
3. Be sure to read the correct state.
STARTER MOTOR VOLTAGE
STVICE-R TEST 68
1. Start Test 66, Starter Motor Voltage.
2. Displayed reading is in volts. Starter motor
voltage should be the same as battery
voltage, 23-25.5 volts. During cranking, the
starter motor voltage should be at least 16
STARTER SOLENOID VOLTAGE
STUICE-R TEST 70
1. Start Test 70. Starter Solenoid Voltage.
2. Displayed reading is in volts. Starter solenoid
voltage should be the same as battery Voltage,
solenoid voltage should be at least 16 volts.