Do not operate the vehicle without the windshield assembly posi-
tioned upright and the B pillar securely attached. Operation of the
vehicle without these structures in place may result in injury to
personnel and damage to equipment.
Before lowering windshield on vehicles equipped with retention
bracket, the windshield retention bracket must be removed. Refer to
a. Lowering Windshield Assembly.
(1) Remove two hitch pins (3) from inside hinge pins (4) and remove hinge
(2) Lower windshield assembly (5) to hood and secure to four footman
loops (2) with two straps (1).
b. Raising Windshield Assembly.
(1) Remove straps (1) from footman loops (2) securing windshield
assembly (5) to hood.
(2) Raise windshield assembly (5).
(3) Secure windshield assembly (5) with two inside hinge pins (4) and hitch
a. This section provides operating instructions for components found on M998,
M998A1, M1038, and M1038A1 cargo/troop carriers and M1037 and M1042 S250
b. Refer to para. 2-2a for stowage location of fire extinguisher on cargo/troop
carriers and S250 shelter carriers. Refer to para. 2-27 for operation of fire
2-43. WINDSHIELD ASSEMBLY OPERATION
Section V. CARGO/TROOP CARRIER AND
S250 SHELTER CARRIER OPERATION