2-46. REMOVAL AND INSTALLATION OF TWO-MAN CREW AREA
SOFT TOP ENCLOSURE
Ensure P/N 12340736-7 is used for replacement of soft top on vehicles equipped with three-point
For ease of installation, soft top components should be installed when temperatures are above
To keep hinge screws tight, lockwasher NSN 5310-00-527-3634 and locknut NSN 5310-00-241-
6658 can be used for installation of soft top doors.
To prevent seams from leaking, coat with adhesive as needed (refer to appendix D, item 1).
a. General. The two-man soft top enclosure consists of two soft doors, rear curtain, cab roof cover, two
rails and bow assembly.
b. Removal of Soft Top Doors.
(1) Open door (1) and detach door holding check strap (3) from mounting plate (2).
(2) Raise door (1) to remove hinge pins (5) from hinge brackets (4).
(3) Remove door (1).
c. Removal of Cab Roof Cover, Rails, and Bow Assembly.
(1) Unfasten eyelets (7) from turnbuttons (15) on horizontal rails (14), and unfasten hook and loop
attachments (9) securing cab roof cover (10) to bow assembly (8).
(2) Remove cab roof cover (10) from horizontal rails (14).
(3) Unfasten eyelets (11) from turnbuttons (12) on B" pillar (13) and A" pillar (18).