(2) Remove mud from air cleaner dump valve (para. 3-16).
(3) Remove mud from drain hole (1) on converter housing cover (2).
(4) Remove mud from battery box drain holes.
To prevent parking brake linkage from binding, lithium grease
should be used after operating in mud. Clean mud, grit, and debris
from linkage. Apply lithium grease (Appendix D, Item 10.1) and
move linkage back and forth to work into joints.
(5) Vehicles completing operation in deep mud must be lubricated and
serviced by unit maintenance as soon as possible.
2-34. OPERATING IN EXTREME HEAT
a. General. Extreme heat exists when ambient temperatures reach 95°F
(35°C) or more. The effect of extreme heat on vehicle engine is a decrease in
b. Before Operation.
(1) Perform before operation checks and services in table 2-2.
(2) Check for foreign objects in front of radiator and clean as required.
(3) Check batteries more frequently. If electrolyte is low, add distilled water,
refer to Appendix D, Item 27.