2-13. OPERATION OF VEHICLE LIGHT SWITCH
a. To illuminate instrument panel:
(1) Lift unlock lever (2) to UNLOCK and hold in position.
(2) Turn selector switch lever (1) to any ON position except B.O. MARKER.
(3) Turn auxiliary lever (3) to DIM or PANEL BRT (bright).
b. For normal daylight driving, turn selector lever (1) to STOPLIGHT.
c. For night driving, turn selector lever (1) to SERVICE DRIVE. The
headlight dimmer foot switch is depressed to provide high beam service light
operation. The indicator light (4) on the instrument panel should illuminate when
high beams are operating.
d. In blackout operations:
(1) When driving vehicle, turn selector lever (1) to B.O. DRIVE.
(2) When vehicle is parked, turn selector lever (1) to B.O. MARKER.
e. To illuminate parked vehicle at night (if tactical situation permits):
(1) Keep selector lever (1) in SERVICE DRIVE.
(2) Turn auxiliary lever (3) to PARK.
f. Move turn signal lever up for right turns, down for left turns.
g. For hazard warning lights (blinking lights):
For vehicles built prior to 1990, the warning flashers override
operation of the brake lights. For vehicles built in 1990 and after,
a brake light override feature is installed.
The headlights cannot be turned on when auxiliary lever (3) is in
the PARK position.
(1) Turn selector lever (1) to SERVICE DRIVE or STOPLIGHT.
(2) Pull warning hazard tab out and move turn signal lever up to lock lever
(3) To deactivate, move turn signal lever back to neutral.
h. For horn operation, turn selector lever (1) to either STOPLIGHT or