2-17. DEFROSTER OPERATION (ALL EXCEPT A2 VEHICLES)
a. To defrost windshield:
(1) Start engine (para. 2-10).
(2) Push fresh air intake lever (4) forward to close grille.
(3) Slide baffles (2) to the right to close air vents.
(4) Loosen thumbscrew (3) and position deflector to close air flow to the floor of vehicle. Tighten
(5) Turn heater fan switch (6) "ON" to desired setting, "HIGH" OR LOW."
(6) Position heater control knob (5) to desired setting.
To obtain maximum air flow to drivers side windshield only, pull defroster control knob halfway
To obtain even air flow to both sides of the windshield, pull defroster control knob all the way
To allow warm air into crew area while defrosting windshield, slide baffles to open air vents.
(7) Position defroster control knob (1) to desired setting.