f. Description and Usable on Codes (UOC) (Column (6)). This column includes the following
(1) The Federal item name and, when required, a minimum description to identify the item.
(2) Items that are included in kits and sets are listed below the name of the kit or set.
(3) Spare/repair parts that make up an assembled item are listed immediately following the
assembled item line entry.
(4) Part numbers for bulk materials are referenced in this column in the line item entry for the item
to be manufactured/fabricated.
(5) When the item is not used with all serial numbers of the same model, the effective serial numbers
are shown on the last line(s) of the description (before UOC).
(6) The usable on code, when applicable (refer to paragraph 5, Special Information).
(7) In the Special Tools List section, the Basis of Issue (BOI) appears as the last line(s) in the entry
for each special tool, special TMDE, and other special support equipment. When density of equipment
supported exceeds density spread indicated in the basis of issue, the total authorization is increased
(8) The statement END OF FIGURE appears just below the last item description in column 6 for a
given figure in both section II and section III.
g. QTY (Column (7)). The Quantity Incorporated in Unit (QTY INC IN UNIT) indicates the quantity
of the item used in the breakout shown on the illustration figure, which is prepared for a functional group,
subfunctional group, or an assembly. A V appearing in this column in place of a quantity indicates that
no specific quantity is applicable (e.g., shims, spacers).
4. Explanation of Columns (Section IV).
a. National Stock Number (NSN) Index.
(1) Stock number column. This column lists the NSN by National Item Identification Number (NIIN)
sequence. The NIIN consists of the last nine digits of the NSN (i.e., 5305-01-674-1467). When using this column
to locate an item, ignore the first 4 digits of the NSN. However, the complete NSN should be used when
ordering items by stock number.
(2) Fig. column. This column lists the number of the figure where the item is identified/located. The
figures are in numerical order in section II and section III.
(3) Item column. The item number identifies the item associated with the figure listed in the
adjacent FIG. column. This item is also identified by the NSN listed on the same line.
b. Part number Index. Part numbers in this index are listed by part number in ascending alpha-
numeric sequence (i.e., vertical arrangement of letter and number combination which places the first letter
or digit of each group in order A through Z, followed by the numbers 0 through 9 and each following letter
or digit in like order).
(1) CAGEC column. The Commercial and Government Entity Code (CAGEC) is a 5-digit numeric
code used to identify the manufacturer, distributor, or Government agency, etc., that supplies the item.
(2) Part number column. Indicates the primary number used by the manufacturer (individual,
company, firm, corporation, or Government activity), which controls the design and characteristics of the
item by means of its engineering drawings, specifications standards, and inspection requirements to
identify an item or range of items.
(3) Stock number column. This column lists the NSN for the associated part number and
manufacturer identified in the PART NUMBER and CAGEC columns to the left.