EXPLANATION OF COLUMNS (SECTION IV) (Cont).
(4) CAGE Column. The Commercial and Government Entity (CAGE) code is a 5-digit numeric code used to
identify the manufacturer, distributor, or Government agency, etc., that supplies the item.
(5) PART NUMRER Column. Indicates the primary number used by the manufacturer (individual, firm,
corporation, or Government activity), which controls the design and characteristics of the item by means of its
engineering drawings, specifications standards, and inspection requirements to identify an item or range of
a. Usable On Code. The usable on code appears in the lower left corner of the Description column heading. Usable
on codes are shown as UOC: in the Description column (justified left) on the first line applicable item
description/ nomenclature. Uncoded items are applicable to all models. Identification of the usable on codes used
in the RPSTL are.
b. Kits. Line item entries for repair parts kits appear in a group in section II.
HOW TO LOCATE REPAIR PARTS.
a. When National Stock Number or Part Number Is Not Known.
(1) First. Using the List of Illustrations, find the figure covering the assembly group or subassembly group to which
the item belongs.
(2) Second. Identify the item on the figure and note the item number.
(3) Third. Refer to the repair parts list for the figure to find the part number for the item noted on the figure.
(4) Fourth. Refer to the part number index to find the NSN, if assigned.
b. When National Stock Number or Part Number Is Known.
(1) First. Using the index of national stock numbers and part numbers (section IV), find the pertinent national
stock number or part number. The NSN index is in NIIN sequence [F-4.a.(1)]. The part numbers in the part
number index are listed in ascending alphanumeric sequence (F-4.b.). Both indexes cross-reference you to
the illustration/figure and item number of the item you are looking for.
(2) Second. After finding the figure and item number, verify that the item is the one you are looking for; then locate
the item number in the repair parts list for the figure.