HYDRAULIC BRAKE ACTUATOR ASSEMBLY MAINTENANCE (CONT).
CLEANING AND INSPECTION
Dry cleaning solvent, P-D-680, is toxic and flammable. Always wear goggles and gloves and use
solvent only in a well-ventilated area. Avoid contact with skin, eyes, and clothes, and DO NOT
breathe vapors. DO NOT use near open flame or excessive heat. The solvents flash point is 100°F
to 138°F (38°C to 59°C). If you become dizzy while using cleaning solvent, immediately get fresh
air and medical help. If solvent contacts eyes, immediately wash your eyes and get medical aid.
Clean all removed components except master cylinder with dry cleaning solvent and allow to dry.
Inspect components for wear, cracks, breaks, corrosion, or other damage. Replace if damaged.
Inspect master cylinder and damper for leakage. Replace if defective.
Remove any corrosion with a wire brush.
Inspect master pin hole (34) for wear. If hole diameter exceeds 1.06 in., replace outer case assembly.
Inspect front roller pin hole (33) for wear. If hole diameter exceeds 0.75 in., replace outer case assembly.
Inspect master pin for grooves. Replace master pin if depth of groove exceeds 3/32 in.
Inspect upper bolt for grooves. Replace upper bolt if depth of groove exceeds 3/32 in.
Measure inner and outer diameter of upper roller. Replace upper roller if outer diameter is less than 0.9 in. or 29/
32 in. or if inner diameter is greater than 0.718 or 23/32 in.
10. Measure inner and outer diameter of master rollers. Replace master rollers if outer diameter is less than 1.78 in.
or 1-25/32 in. or if inner diameter is greater than 15/16 in.
11. Inspect master rollers for dings and dents. Replace master roller if dings or dents are longer or wider than 1/2 in.
12. Measure inner slide slots (37) at height of lip. Maximum length allowable is 2.25 in. and maximum height allow-
able is 1.125 in. Replace hydraulic brake actuator assembly if distortion of slot exceeds limitations.
13. Measure grooves on top inner slide for distance from flat edge to depth of groove. Replace inner slide if groove
depth is greater than 1/8 in. Check upper roller for proper operation.
14. Measure grooves on bottom bolts. Replace bolts if grooves exceed 1/16 in. or if thread distortion is greater than
15. Measure bolt holes (35 and 36). Replace hydraulic brake actuator assembly if any bolt holes are more than 1/8 in.