SERVICE BRAKE ADJUSTMENT (Con?).
16. Using jack (3) and jack spacer (12), raise trailer and remove two jack stands (1).
17. Using jack (3) and jack spacer (12), lower trailer. Apply handbrake on adjusted side,
18. Repeat steps 1 through 15 for other side.
19. Positionjack spacer (12) on trailer frame (13) and secure with rectangular washer (11), lockwasher (10),
and wingscrew (9).
20. Connect trailer to towing vehicle.
21. Engage service brake breakaway lever.
Personnel must stand clear of towing vehicle and trailer during the following brake
check. Failure to follow this warning may result in injury or death to personnel.
22. Attempt to move the trailer with the towing vehicle. Towing vehicle should be in drive, tranfer case in
high range, and engine at idle speed. If service brakes do not hold trailer, perform brake system trouble-
shooting (Table 4-2).
23. Reset service brake breakaway lever to disengaged position.
24. Disconnect trailer from towing vehicle.
Adjust handbrakes (para 2-14).