1 2-46. STUlCE-R TEST PROCEDURES
DC VOLTAGE 0 TO 45 VOLTS TEST #89
This procedure measures voftage in the range of
-45 to 45 volts. The VTM is used as a DC voltmeter
with the decimal point in the correct position. This
test must be done with the component being tested
turned on. Test requires the use of the TK adapters
Run confidence test.
l Fuel solenoid
l Starter solenoid
l Alternator output
l Any DC voltage measurement
1. Connect test probe cable W2. Attach Pl to J4.
2. Connect the desired test leads to P2.
3. Set TEST SELECT switch to 89.
4. Short leads together.
Press and hold TEST
button until CAL appears on display.
5. Release TEST button and wait for offset value to
appear on display.
6. If offset is within -6.8 to 6.8, proceed.
If not, go
to DCA Troubleshooting
7. Press and release TEST button. Observe
01,02, 03, 04. 06
Possible Error Messages:
Offset not performed.