2-46. STE/lCE-R TEST PROCEDURES
CURRENT FIRST PEAK TEST #72
This procedure measures the overall condition
of the complete starting system. Test requires
DCA hookup only.
Run confidence test. Warm up engine to
Turn off all electrical
Check condition of starting system on Cl engines
with VTM being powered from battery of vehicle
1. Disconnect fuel solenoid wire 54A to prevent
2. Make sure all vehicle accessories are off.
3. Set TEST SELECT switches to 72.
4. Press and hold TEST button until CAL appears
5. Release TEST button and wait for offset value
to appear on display. If offset is within the range
-150 to 150, proceed. If not, go to DCA
6. Press and release TEST button.
7. When GO appears on display, crank engine for
2 seconds or until one of the following appears
on the display: OFF
An error message
8. Observe displayed value (amps).
Possible Error Messages:
Transducer not connected.
Offset not performed.
VTM does not detect battery voltage.
VTM cannot use data received.
No first-peak information was detected by
VTM cannot calculate result because
current is over current probes range.
.188.8.131.52 is displayed, current first-peak was
too high and cannot be measured with VTM.
If E013 is displayed, check battery connections
and correct as necessary. Repeat step 6. If
E013 persists after 3 tests, VTM cannot