POWER TEST (PERCENT) TEST #13
This procedure measures the percen-
tage of engines power-producing
potential as compared to a good engine.
Test requires DCA hookup only.
Check engine power.
1. Start and idle engine.
2. Set TEST SELECT switches to 10.
3. Press and release TEST button.
4. Observe displayed value (RPM) to adjust idle
speed, if necessary.
5. Press down sharply on on engine accelerator
and observe displayed value (RPM) to adjust
governor speed, if necessary.
6. Set TEST SELECT switches to 13.
7. Press and release TEST button.
8. Wait for prompting message CIP to appear.
9. When CIP appears on display, press down
sharply on engine accelerator and hold it to
the floor. When VTM displays OFF, release
10. A number will be displayed after the engine
has returned to idle speed. This number is the
test result in units of percent of nominal-rated
Run confidence test. Warm up
engine to operating temperature.
Possible Error Messages:
Engine not running at start
Throttle control operated
Test not valid for VID
Engine idle speed must be checked
before performing power test. Idle
speed must be approximately
rpm to run test. Engine governor
no-load speed must be checked
before performing power test.
Governor no-load speed must be
within the 3,900 - 4,100 rpm range
to run test.