Make sure the area is clear of
personnel and obstacles prior to
performing this test. Failure to do so
may result in serious injury.
PARKING BRAKF TEST PROCFDURE:
1. Depress service brake pedal and start engine.
2. Place transmission shift lever in D (drive) and transfer
case shift lever in H (high).
3. Apply parking brake. Slowly let up on service brake
pedal. Vehicle should remain stationary.
SFRVICF BRAKF ROAD TEST PROCFDURF-
1. On an open, smooth, flat surface, accelerate to a
steady, reasonable, safe speed (below posted limits).
2. Apply pressure on the brake pedal and bring the
vehicle to a stop.
3. Repeat this procedure several times, applying a
different brake pedal pressure each time. Look for
the following symptoms, which may indicate a
problem with the service brakes:
1) Spongy or pulsating brake pedal.
2) Incomplete brake pedal return.
3) Excessive pull to one side.
4) Unusually long braking distance.
5) Front wheels lock up before rear wheels.
6) Brake warning light comes on while braking.
7) A squealing, grinding, or chattering noise while