TM g-2320-387-24 -1
BRAKE WARNING LAMP
Repair/replace wiring (para. 4-80).
Replace brake warning lamp (para. 4-21).
It is important to connect the leads as indicated because you
are checking continuity across a diode. The lamp will glow
dimly because you are supplying a small amount of power
You may have to shade the lamp with
your hand to see if it glows.
A multimeter may not supply enough power to light the lamp.
In this case, look for a much greater resistance when
measuring with the leads connected in one direction than when
they are connected in reverse.
Replace harness or repair wiring (para. 4-80).
DC VOLTAGE O-45 VOLTS
STUICE-R TEST 89
1. Connect RED clip to the indicated test point,
BLACK dip to negative or ground.
2. Start Test 89. DC Volts.
3. Displayed reading is in volts.
1. Set the voltmeter to a DC volts scale of at
least 40 volts.
2. Connect the RED lead to positive and the
BLACK lead to negative.
3. Be sure to read the correct scale.
RESISTANCE AND CONTINUITY
STE/lCE-R TEST 91
1. Connect RED clip and BLACK clip to the
indicated terminals in the question.
RED to the
first, BLACK to the second.
2. Start Test 91,0-4,500
3. Displayed reading is in ohms. Less than 5 ohm
If the resistance is over 4.500
ohms, STE/tCE-R displays .184.108.40.206.
1. Set the voltmeter to an ohms scale of about
2. Connect the RED and BLACK leads to the
connections stated in the question.
3. Be sure to read the correct scale. Less than
5 ohms indicates continuity.
For an open
circuit, the meter should peg full scale
(needle all the way to the left).