2. Connect the RED lead to positive and the BLACK lead
3. Be sure to read the correct scale.
1. Connect RED clip and BLACK clip to the terminations
indicated in the question. RED to the first, BLACK to
2. Start Test 91, 04.500
3. Displayed reading is in ohms. Less than 5 ohms is
If the resistance is over 4.500 ohms,
SLUICE-R displays .126.96.36.199.
There is battery voltage at the PC9 at all
times. Failure to disconnect battery
cable will result in damage to equipment
or injury to personnel.
Repair harness (para. 4-80).
It is important to connect the leads as indicated because you
are checking continuity across a diode. The lamp will glow
dimly because you are supplying a small amount of power
You may have to shade the lamp with
your hand to see if it glows.
A multimeter may not supply enough power to light the lamp.
In this case, look for a much greater resistance when
measuring with the leads connected in one direction than
when they are connected in reverse.
1. Set the voltmeter to a DC volts scale of at least 40
Replace lamp (para. 4-20).
STE/lCE-R TEST 89
1. Connect RED clip to the indicated test point,
BLACK clip to negative or ground.
2. Start Test 89. DC Volts.
3. Displayed reading is in volts.
1. Set the voltmeter to an ohms scale of about
2. Connect the RED and BUCK
leads to the
connections stated in the question.
3. Be sure to read the correct scale. Less than 5
ohms indicates continuity.
For an open circuit,
the meter should peg full scale (needle all the
way to the left).