Notify DS maintenance (chapter 18).
Replace glow plugs (para. 3-39).
There is battery
at the PCB at
Failure to disconnect
cable will result in damage to
or injury to Personnel.
PCB (para. am
WITH PINS A & B
GLOW PLUGS CIRCUIT
DC VOLTAGE O-45 VOLTS
STEdCE-R TEST 89
1. Connect RED dip to the indicated test point,
BLACK clip to negative or ground.
2. Start Test 89, DC Volts.
-3. Displayed reading is in volts.
1. Bet the voltmeter to a DC volts scale of at least
2. Connect the RED lead to positive and the
BLACK lead to negative.
3. Be sure to read the correct scale.
RESISTANCE AND CONTINUITY
STEnCE-R TEST 91
1. Connect RED dip and BLACK clip to the
indicated test points in the question.
the first, BLACK to the second.
2. Start Test 91,0-4.500
3. Displayed reading is in ohms. Less than 5 ohms
If the resistance is over 4.800
1. Set the voltmeter to an ohms scale of about
2. Connect the RED and BLACK leads to the
connections stated in the question.
3. Be sure to read the correct scale. Less than
5 ohms indicates continuity.
For an open
circuit, the meter should peg full scale
(needle all the way to the left).