COMPRESSION / MECHANICAL
This is not to evaluate driving performance.
engine or the vehicle makes strange noises or
vibrations at idle speed, dont rev the engine.
there is a problem internal to the engine, rewing
he engine could cause major damage (like a rod
:oming through the engine block).
STEIICE-R TEST 14
1. Run tests 72.73. and 74 to verify that the
batteries are ok.
2. Disconnect wire 54A at injection pump to prevent
The glow plug controller and the
control valve electrical connector
must be disconnected prior to
running this test.
3. Disconnect glow plug controller and control valve
4. Start Test 14, Compression Unbalance.
5. Wait for the GO message. Crank the engine.
6. Release the rotary switch when the VfM
displays OFF. A number less than 25%
f the vehicle passes the STEKE-R
Jnbalance test, it may still have a compression
jroblem, but it would mean that every cylinder has low
This is possible, but not too likely. If you
tori find a problem and suspect compression, notify
IS maintenance (chapter 14) to measure
is not available, accelerate under full
power to a reasonable speed on a flat, level, paved
You have to decide from your own
experience whether or not the engine is developing
full power. A number greater than 75 is passing for
1. Start and idle engine.
2. Run STE/ICE-R test 10 to set idle and
governor speed as necessary
3. Start STUICE-R
4. When CIP appears on the display. press
down sharply on the accelerator and hold it
to the floor until the VTM displays OFF.
5. Drsplayed value is % POWER