Keep hands away from engine
fan blades can
extreme caution when engine
battery cable before
and reconnecting protective
control box harness.
There is battery voltage at the PCB at all
Failure to disconnect
will result in damage to equipment or injury
Rotary switch must remain in
STOP position for the rest of
REAR OF ROTARY SWfTCH
Carefully inspect the body connector end of
the harness for a short. Check for pushed
out pins, broken or stripped insulation, or any
other bare wires. If everything checks out
OK, you have to replace the harness.
Remember to reconnect any wires that may
have been disconneded
Repair harness (para. 4-80).
DC VOLTAGE O-45 VOLTS
STEIICE-R TEST 89
1. Connect RED clip to positive, BLACK clip to
negative or ground.
2. Start Test 89. DC Volts.
3. Displayed reading is in volts.
1. Set the voltmeter to a DC volts scale of at least
2. Connect the RED lead to positive and the
BLACK lead to negative.
3. Be sure to read the correct scale.
Replace rotary switch (para. 4-10).