in conjunction with,
TM 9-2320-280-10 and
this section is for use by unit maintenance personnel
and as a supplement to, troubleshooting procedures in
Unit troubleshooting, table 3-2, contains instructions that will help
you diagnose and correct malfunctions of the components of the EES kit.
The table also helps unit maintenance personnel identify difficulties that
must be referred to direct support maintenance.
The troubleshooting procedures in this section cannot give all the
answers or correct all malfunctions encountered.
However, these procedures
are an organized step-by-step study of a problem that directs tests and
inspections towards the source of a problem and successful correction.
Before taking any action to correct a malfunction, the following
rules should be followed:
(1) Question operator to obtain any information that might help you
determine the cause of the problem.
(2) Never overlook the chance that the problem could be of simple
The problem could be corrected with minor adjustment.
(3) Use all senses to observe and locate troubles.
(4) Use test instruments or gages to help you determine and isolate
(5) Always isolate the system where the malfunction occurs and then
locate the defective component.
(6) Review figure 3-1 to help in isolating the fault and
understanding the equipment configuration.