AO - (Assembled by
AF - (Assembled by
A H - (Assembled by
AD - (Assembled by
Items with these codes are not to be requested/
The parts that make up the
assembled item must be requisitioned or fabricated and
assembled at the level of maintenance indicated by the
If the third position code of the SMR
code authorizes you to replace the item, but the source
code indicates the item is assembled at a higher level,
order the item from the higher level of maintenance.
- Do not requisition an XA-coded item.
next higher assembly.
(Also, refer to the NOTE
- If an XB item is not available from salvage, order
it using the FSCM and part number given.
- Installation drawing, diagram, instruction sheet,
or field service drawing that is identified by
manufacturers part number.
- Item is not stocked.
Order an XD-coded item
through normal supply channels using the FSCM and
part number given, if no NSN is available.
Cannibalization or controlled exchange, when
authorized, may be used as a source of supply
for items with the above source codes, except
for those source coded XA.
(2) Maintenance Code.
Maintenance codes tell you the level(s) of
maintenance authorized to USE and REPAIR support items.
The maintenance codes
are entered in the third and fourth positions of the SMR code as
The maintenance code entered in the third position tells you
the lowest maintenance level authorized to remove, replace, and use an item, and
the code indicates authorization to one of the following levels of maintenance:
- Crew or operator maintenance done within organizational
- Organizational level can remove, replace, and use the item.
- Direct support level can remove, replace, and use the item.
- General support level can remove, replace, and use the item.
- Depot level can remove, replace, and use the item.