12-86. TROOP/CARGO WINTERIZATION HEATER PUMP-TO-HOSE FUEL SUPPLY LINE
This task covers:
M998, M998A1, M1038, M1038A1
General mechanics tool kit:
General Safety Instructions
automotive (Appendix B, Item 1)
Do not perform this procedure near fire, flames,
Sealing compound (Appendix C, Item 44)
Diesel fuel is highly flammable. Do not perform this procedure
near fire, flames, or sparks. Severe injury or death will result.
Cover or plug all open hoses and connections immediately after
disconnection to prevent contamination. Remove all plugs prior
Have drainage container ready to catch fuel.
1. Loosen clamp (5) and disconnect fuel supply hose (4) from pump-to-hose fuel supply line (3).
2. Disconnect pump-to-hose fuel supply line (3) from connector (2) on fuel pump (1).
3. Inspect connector (2) for damaged threads or cracks. Replace if cracked or damaged.
1. Apply sealing compound to threads of connector (2) and connect pump-to-hose fuel supply line (3)
to connector (2) on fuel pump (1).
2. Connect fuel supply hose (4) to pump-to-hose fuel supply line (3) with clamp (5).
FOLLOW-ON TASK: Operate troop/cargo heater (TM 9-2320-280-10) and check for fuel leaks.