and locknuts (13).
12-41. ARCTIC HEATER ASSEMBLY REPLACEMENT
This task covers:
General mechanics tool kit:
automotive (Appendix B, Item 1)
Thermaseal (Appendix G, Item 238)
Four locknuts (Appendix G, Item 64)
Cotter pin (Appendix G, Item 28)
Heater boot removed (para. 10-96).
Arctic heater fuel filter removed (para. 12-27).
Arctic heater filter-to-heater fuel supply hose
removed (para. 12-35).
General Safety Instructions
Do not perform this procedure near fire, flames,
Diesel fuel is highly flammable. Do not perform this procedure
near fire, flames, or sparks. Severe injury or death will result.
Cover or plug all open hoses and connections immediately after
disconnection to prevent contamination. Remove all covers or
plugs prior to connection.
Have drainage container ready to catch fuel.
1. Disconnect electrical connector (6) from heater assembly (3).
2. Remove setscrew (8) from heater assembly (3) and plenum assembly input port (9).
3. Open two clamps (5) and slide heater assembly (3) from plenum assembly (7) and exhaust pipe (1)
from cowl flange (2). Remove heater assembly (3) and exhaust pipe (1) from mounting bracket
4. Remove three capscrews (16) and dust unloader cover plate (15) from air cleaner bracket (17).
5. Remove cotter pin (12) from elbow (11) and exhaust pipe elbow (14). Discard cotter pin (12).
6. Remove four locknuts (13), elbow (11), and thermaseal (10) from cowl (18). Discard thermaseal (10)