12-31. ARCTIC HEATER PUMP-TO-HOSE FUEL SUPPLY LINE REPLACEMENT
This task covers:
General mechanics tool kit
automotive (Appendix B, Item 1)
General Safety Instructions
Sealing compound (Appendix C, Item 44)
Do not perform this procedure near fire, flames,
Diesel fuel is highly flammable. Do not perform this procedure
near fire, flames, or sparks. Severe injury or death will result.
Cover or plug all open hoses and connections immediately after
disconnection to prevent contamination. Remove all covers or
plugs prior to connection.
Have drainage container ready to catch fuel.
1. Loosen clamp (5) and disconnect fuel supply hose (4) from pump-to-hose fuel supply line (3).
2. Remove pump-to-hose fuel supply line (3) from connector (2) on fuel pump (1).
3. Inspect connector (2) for damaged threads or cracks. Replace if cracked or damaged.
1. Apply sealing compound to threads of connector (2) and connect pump-to-hose fuel supply line (3) to
connector (2) on fuel pump (1).
2. Connect fuel supply hose (4) to pump-to-hose fuel supply line (3) with clamp (5).
FOLLOW-ON TASK: Operate arctic heater (TM 9-2320-280-10) and check for fuel leaks.