11-195. HEATER FUEL SYSTEM BLEEDING
This task covers:
M997, M997A1, M997A2
General mechanics tool kit:
Blower housing open (para. 11-198).
automotive (Appendix B, Item 1)
General Safety Instructions
Do not perform this procedure near fire, flames, or
Sealing compound (Appendix C, Item 45)
Diesel fuel is highly flammable. Do not perform this procedure
near fire, flames, or sparks. Severe injury or death will result.
Q Have drainage container ready to catch fuel.
Q Apply compound to threads of all fuel line joints before
1. Disconnect heater fuel line (4) from heater (3).
2. Place end of fuel line (4) in drainage container.
3. Place heater rotary switch (1) on control box (2) to RUN position. Hold switch (1) in RUN position
until fuel flows free of air bubbles.
4. Place switch (1) to OFF position.
5. Connect fuel line (4) to heater (3).