10-70. WINDSHIELD WIPER BLADE AND ARM MAINTENANCE
This task covers:
b. Repair (Optional)
General mechanics tool kit
automotive (Appendix B, Item 1)
Spring (Appendix G, Item 237)
Ensure windshield wiper motor switch is in off position. Note
position of wiper arm for installation.
Perform only if blade assembly is to be replaced.
Remove screw (1), nut (10), and blade assembly (8) from wiper arm (2).
I b. Repair (Optional) I
If spring inside wiper arm looses its tension, it can be replaced
with spring as an alternate to replacing the wiper arm.
1. Lift wiper arm (2) away from windshield (9).
2. Lift up latch (3) at base of wiper arm (2) and remove wiper arm (2) from splined shaft (4).
3. Remove spring (7) from wiper arm (2). Discard spring (7).
4. Install spring (7) in second hole (6) of wiper arm tabs (5).
5. Ensure wiper arm latch (3) is unlocked.
With motor switched off (parked position), mount wiper arm
approximately 60° to vertical centerline, so that a sweep of
approximately 120° will be achieved in operation.
6. Install wiper arm (2) on splined shaft (4).
Perform only if blade assembly was removed.
Install blade assembly (8) on wiper arm (2) with screw (1) and nut (10).