Section II. ILLUSTRATED MANUFACTURING INSTRUCTIONS (Contd)
Figure D-91, Winch Wire Rope Assembly
1. (a) Properly seize wire rope end before cutting. To seize wire rope end, follow these instructions.
Ensure each wrap is tight to the preceding wrap.
Ensure the length of the seizing is not less than the diameter
of the wire rope.
(1) Wrap the seizing wire around the wire rope as tight as possible.
(2) Twist the ends of the seizing together by hand counterclockwise so that the twist is near the
middle of the seizing.
Do not try to tighten the seizing by twisting.
(3) Tighten the twist just enough to take up the slack.
(4) Tighten the seizing by prying the twist away from the axis of the wire rope.
(5) Tighten the twist again as described in step (3).
(6) Repeat the process until the seizing can not be pryed away from the axis of the wire rope.
(7) Cut off wire ends and pound the twist into contact with the seizing.
(b) Cut wire rope to length as shown and install part of clamp with nut on wire rope.