Section II. ILLUSTRATED MANUFACTURING INSTRUCTIONS (Cont'd)
1. Remove left splash shield. (Refer to para. 10-17.)
2. Cut hole (2) in left splash shield (1) as shown.
3. Using fabricated access cover (6) as a template, locate, mark, and drill a 0.312-inch diameter hole (5)
through left splash shield (1) as shown.
Existing mounting hardware is used to secure bottom right-hand hole.
4. Secure top two holes of access cover (6) to left splash shield (1) with two NSN 5306-00-225-8499
washers (4), NSN 5306-00-225-8499 screws (7), NSN 5310-00-087-7493 washers (4), and
NSN 5310-00-814-0673 nuts (3) as shown.
5. Install modified left splash shield. (Refer to para. 10-17.)
Figure D-87. Left Splash Shield.
LEFT SPLASH SHIELD