9-14. RECEPTACLE MOUNTING BRACKET REPLACEMENT
This task covers:
All vehicles except M996, M996A1, M997,
Two locknuts (Appendix G, Item 65)
M997A1, M997A2, M1037, M1042
Four nut and lockwasher assemblies
(Appendix G, Item 146)
General mechanics tool kit:
automotive (Appendix B, Item 1)
1. Remove four nut and lockwasher assemblies (9), capscrews (6), cover (5), and receptacle (1) from bracket (4).
Discard nut and lockwasher assemblies (9).
If bracket is held on to D beam with rivets, proceed to step 2.
If not, proceed to step 3.
For instructions on removal of rivets, refer to para. 10-66.
2. Remove two rivets and bracket (4) from D beam (3).
3. Remove two locknuts (2) capscrews (8), washers (7), and bracket (4) from D beam (3). Discard locknuts (2).
If bracket was held on to D beam with rivets, do step 1. If not, do step 2.
1. With a 0.3125-in. drill bit, enlarge existing rivet holes on bracket (4) and D beam (3).
2. Install bracket (4) on D beam (3) with two washers (7), capscrews (8), and locknuts (2).
3. Install receptacle (1) and cover (5) on bracket (4) with four capscrews (6) and nut and lockwasher