8-11. REAR WHEEL TOE-OUT ALIGNMENT (Contd)
c. Toe-out Adjustment
1. Loosen two locknuts (1) securing two clamps (3) on each adjusting sleeve (2).
Toe-out can be increased or decreased by changing length of
radius rods. A threaded sleeve is provided for this purpose.
2. Turn each adjusting sleeve (2) equally but in opposite directions.
3. Roll vehicle rearward then forward to original position.
4. Repeat toe-out check and adjustment procedures until correct adjustment is indicated.
5. Secure two clamps (3) on each adjusting sleeve (2) with two locknuts (1). Tighten locknuts (1).
to 30 lb-ft (40 N m).
FOLLOW-ON TASK: Operate vehicle (TM 9-2320-280-10) and check for pull or wander.