8-10. FRONT WHEEL TOE-IN ALIGNMENT (Contd)
c. Toe-in Adjustment
1. Loosen two locknuts (3) from clamps (1) on each adjusting sleeve (2).
Toe-in can be increased or decreased by changing length of tie
rods. A threaded sleeve is provided for this purpose. Both tie
rods must be the same length ± 1/8 inch (3 mm) after
2. Turn each adjusting sleeve (2) equally but in opposite directions.
3. Roll vehicle rearward then forward to original position.
4. Repeat toe-in check and adjustment procedures until correct adjustment is indicated.
Ensure bolt and nut on adjusting sleeve clamp nearest to geared
hub is facing halfshaft. Bolt and nut on adjusting sleeve clamp
nearest to frame must be facing away (180°) from stabilizer bar,
to prevent damage to equipment.
5. Secure two clamps
30 lb-f-t (40 N·m).
(1) on each adjusting sleeve (2) with two locknuts (3). Tighten locknuts (3) to