8-4. TIRE, WHEEL, AND RUNFLAT MAINTENANCE (Contd)
W A R N I NG
Never inflate a wheel assembly with the wheel locknuts removed
in an attempt to separate inner and outer rim halves. The
assembly will separate under pressure, resulting in serious injury
5. Remove rim half (2) from tire (6).
6. Remove tire (6) from rim half (8).
7. Remove O-ring seal (7) from rim half (8). Cut O-ring seal (7) in two, to make sure that it cannot be
reused. Discard O-ring seal (7).
8. Remove four locknuts (11), flange bolts (9), and runflat halves (10) from tire (6). Discard lock-
9. Remove balance weights (5) from rim halves (2) and (8) (if present). Discard balance weights (5).