3-25. FUEL TANK SUPPLY AND RETURN LINES REPLACEMENT
This task covers:
General mechanics tool kit:
automotive (Appendix B, Item 1)
Engine right splash shield removed (para. 10-20).
General Safety Instructions
Do not perform this procedure near fire, flames, or
Two locknuts (Appendix G, Item 58)
Diesel fuel is highly flammable. Do not perform this procedure
near fire, flames, or sparks. Severe injury or death will result.
Cover or plug all open hoses and connections immediately after
disconnection to prevent contamination. Remove all plugs prior to
Have drainage container ready to catch fuel.
1. Loosen clamps (7) and disconnect hoses (6) from fuel tank return and supply lines (8).
2. Remove two locknuts (1), capscrews (5), washers (4), clamps (3) and return and supply lines (8) from
front body bracket (2) and rear body bracket (10). Discard locknuts (1).
3. Remove three clips (9) securing lines together.
Install return and supply lines (8) on front body bracket (2) and rear body bracket (10) with two
clamps (3), washers (4), capscrews (5), and locknuts (1).
2. Connect supply and return lines (8) to hoses (6) and tighten clamps (7).
3. Secure fuel supply and return lines (8) together with three clips (9).