4-97. CONTROL BOX ASSEMBLY REPLACEMENT (M996, M996A1)
This task covers:
General mechanics tool kit:
automotive (Appendix B, Item 1)
Battery ground cable disconnected (para. 4-73).
Six lockwashers (Appendix G, Item 110)
Two nut and lockwasher assemblies
(Appendix G, Item 146)
Three screw-assembled lockwashers
(Appendix G, Item 210)
1. Remove four screws (7), lockwashers (8), and cover (6) from control box (5). Discard lockwashers (8).
Prior to removal, tag leads for installation.
2. Remove seven screws (4) and seven light harness leads (3) from terminal block (9).
3. Disconnect light harness lead 791B (11) from NBC harness lead 791A (10).
Grommet must be removed through top of control box.
4. Remove grommet (2) and light harness (1) from control box (5).
5. Remove nut and lockwasher assembly (16), clamp (17), and heater harness (15) from mounting buss
screw (18). Discard nut and lockwasher assembly (16).
6. Remove three screws (14) and heater harness leads (13) from terminal block (9) and mounting buss (12).