4-29. GLOW PLUG CONTROLLER REPLACEMENT
This task covers:
General mechanics tool kit:
automotive (Appendix B, Item 1)
Grease (Appendix C, Item 25)
Battery ground cable disconnected (para. 4-73).
Sealing compound (Appendix C, Item 44)
Hood raised and secured (TM 9-2320-280-10).
It maybe necessary to clamp surge tank-to-lower radiator tube to
prevent loss of coolant.
1. Disconnect multiple connector (2) from glow plug controller (1).
2. Remove glow plug controller (1) from water crossover (3).
Do not attempt to start engine unless controller is mounted in
engine for a minimum of 10 minutes or if all glow plugs are
disconnected. Damage to glow plugs may result.
Do not overtighten controller. Damage to crossover will result.
1. Apply sealing compound to threads of glow plug controller (1). Install glow plug controller (1) on
water crossover (3). Tighten controller (1) to 14-20 lb-ft (19-27 N.m).
2. Apply grease to pins (4) of glow plug controller (1).
3. Connect multiple connector (2) to glow plug controller (1).