4-28. FUEL LEVEL SENDING UNIT REPLACEMENT
This task covers:
General mechanics tool kit:
Fuel tank removed (para. 3-24).
automotive (Appendix B, Item 1)
General Safety Instructions
Do not perform this procedure near fire, flames, or
Five lockwashers (Appendix G, Item 113)
Gasket (Appendix G, Item 43)
W A R N I N G
Diesel fuel is highly flammable. Do not perform this procedure
near fire, flame, or sparks. Severe injury or death will result.
1. Remove five screws (1) and lockwashers (2) from fuel level sending unit (3) and fuel tank (6). Discard
2. Remove fuel level sending unit (3) from inside of fuel tank (6).
3. Remove and discard gasket (4).
1. Place gasket (4) on fuel level sending unit (3).
2. Install fuel level sending unit (3) into fuel tank (6) ensuring not to bend float arm (8).
3. Align holes of fuel level sending unit (3) to tank (6) so float (7) is pointed in same direction that tank
filler neck (5) points.
4. Secure fuel level sending unit (3) with five lockwashers (2) and screws (1). Tighten screws (1) to
32 lb-in. (4 Nom).