4-26. FUEL PRESSURE TRANSDUCER REPLACEMENT
This task covers:
General mechanics tool kit:
automotive (Appendix B, Item 1)
Sealing compound (Appendix C, Item 44)
Battery ground cable disconnected (para. 4-73).
Hood raised and secured (TM 9-2320-280-10).
N O TE
The fuel pressure transducer is a sensor unit for diagnostic testing.
It is mounted on top of the fuel filter on the firewall of the vehicle.
1. Disconnect multiple connector (2) from STE/ICE-R wiring harness (3).
2. Remove fuel pressure transducer (1) from fuel filter (4).
1. Apply sealing compound to threads of fuel pressure transducer (1).
2. Install fuel pressure transducer (1) to fuel filter (4).
3. Connect multiple connector (2) to STE/ICE-R wiring harness (3).
FOLLOW-ON TASKS: Connect battery ground cable (para. 4-73).
Start engine (TM 9-2320-280-10) and check fuel pressure transducer for leaks.
Lower and secure hood (TM 9-2320-280-10).