3-7. ENGINE OIL COOLER SUPPLY AND RETURN LINES MAINTENANCE
This task covers:
a. Supply Line Removal
c. Supply Line Installation
General mechanics tool kit:
Engine left splash shield removed
automotive (Appendix B, Item 1)
Engine access cover removed (para. 10-15).
Tiedown strap (Appendix G, Item 239)
General Safety Instructions
Lockwasher (Appendix G, Item 108)
Do not drain oil when engine is hot.
Locknut (Appendix G, Item 58)
Do not drain oil when engine is hot. Severe injury to personnel
Cover or plug all hoses and connections immediately after disconnection
to prevent contamination. Remove all plugs prior to connection.
Engine oil cooler supply and return lines are replaced basically
the same. This procedure covers supply line replacement.
Have drainage container ready to catch oil.
Left splash shield can be modified to add engine access cover.
Refer to appendix D, Figs. D-86 and D-87 for installation.
1. Disconnect supply line connector (5) from adapter (4) and allow oil to drain.
2. Disconnect supply line connector (16) born oil cooler port (17).
3. Remove locknut (3), washer (2), capscrew (15), and washer (2) horn supply line clamp (14), brake line
clamp (1), and frame bracket (13). Discard locknut (3).
4. Remove capscrew (7), lockwasher (8), and clamp (9) horn supply line (12) and engine mount bracket (10).
Discard lockwasher (8).
5. Remove tiedown strap (11) from supply line (12) and return line (6). Discard tiedown strap (11).
Inspect adapter (4) for damaged threads or cracks. Replace if defective.
1. Position supply line (12) in approximate mounting location along frame.
2. Install supply line clamp (14) and brake line clamp (1) on frame bracket (13) with washer (2),
capscrew (15), washer (2), and locknut (3). Tighten locknut (3) to 6 lb-ft (8 N*m).
3. Connect supply line connector (16) to oil cooler port (17).