DC CURRENT 0 TO 1500 AMPS TEST #90
This procedure measures DC currant in the range of
Run Confidence Test.
0 to 1500 amps. The VTM is used as an ammeter
with the decimal point in the right positiion. This test
may be done with the vehicle/equipment operating.
Test requires the use of the TK adapters and
1. Connect test probe cable W4.
2. Attach P1 to J2 or J3. Connect the Current
Probe to P2.
3. Set TEST SELECT switch to 90.
4. Clamp probe to da-energized wire.
5. Press and hold TEST button until CAL appears
6. Release TEST button and wait for offset value
to appear on display. If offset is within 225 to
-225 proceed. If not, go to DCA
7. Energize circuit. Press and release TEST
8. Observe displayed value. A negative reading
indicates the probe is backwards. Reverse and
repeat from step 4.
Possible Error Messages
E002 Offset not performed.
E005 Transducer not connected.