BATTERY RESISTANCE CHANGE TEST #75
This procedure measures the change of battery
resistance. Test requires DCA hookup only.
Evaluate batteries in Cl engines with VTM
powered from batteries of vehicle being tested.
1. Disconnect fuel solenoid wire 54A to prevent
2. Make sure all vehicle accessories are off.
3. Set TEST SELECT switches to 75.
4. Press and hold TEST button until CAL appears
5. Release TEST button and wait for offset value
to appear on display. If offset is within the -150
to 150 range, proceed. If not, go to DCA
6. Press and release TEST button.
7. When GO appears on display, engage starter
for 2 seconds or until one of the following
appears on the display OFF
An error message
8. Observe displayed value (milliohms/second).
The limit is 50 milliohms per battery pair.
A lower number is better than a higher one.
Run Confidence Test. Warm up engine to
operating temperature. Turn off all electrical
Possible Error Messages
E002 Transducer not connected.
E005 Offset not performed.
E006 VTM does not detect battery voltage.
E013 VTM cannot use data received.
E020 No first peak information was detected
by the VTM.
E021 VTM cannot calculate result because
current is over current probes range.
If .126.96.36.199 is displayed, the battery resis-
tance change value is beyond the range of
the VTM and cannot be measured with the
If E013 is displayed, then check battery
connections and correct as necessary.
Repeat Step 6. If E013 persistes after 3
tests, VTM cannot perform test.