STARTER CIRCUIT RESISTANCE TEST #74
This procedure measures starter circuit
resistance. Test requires DCA hookup only.
Check resistance of complete starting system
in Cl engines with VTM powered from batteries
of Vehicle being tested.
1. Disconnect fuel Solenoid wire 54A to prevent
2. Make sure all vehicle accessories are off.
3. Set TEST SELECT switches to 74.
4. Press and hold TEST button until CAL appears
5. Release TEST button and waft for offset value
to appear on display. lf offset is within the
range -150 to 150, proceed. If not, go to DCA
6. Press and release TEST button.
7. When GO appears on display, crank engine for
2 seconds or until one of the following appears
on the display OFF
An error message
8. Observe displayed value(milliohms).
Run Confidence Test Warm up engine to
operating temperature. Turn off all electrical
Possible Error Messages
E002 Transducer not connected.
E005 Offset not performed.
E003 VTM does not detect battery voltage.
E013 VTM cannot use data received.
E020 No first peak information was detected
by the VTM.
E021 VTM cannot calculate result because
current is over current probes range.
If .18.104.22.168 is displayed, the starter circuit
resistance value was too high and cannot
be measured with VTM.
If E013 is displayed, then check battery
connections and correct as necessary.
Repeat Step 6. If E013 persistes after 3
tests, VTM cannot perform test.