POWER TEST (PERCENT) TEST #13
This procedure measures the percen-
tage of engines power producing
potential as compared to a good engine.
Test requires DCA hookup only.
Check engine power
1. Start and idle engine
2. Set TEST SELECT switches to 10
3. Press and release TEST button
4. Observe displayed value (RPM) to adjust idle
speed if necessary.
5. Press down sharply on on engine accelerator
and observe displayed value (RPM) to adjust
governor speed if necessary.
6. Set TEST SELECT switches to 13.
7. Press and release TEST button.
8. Wait for prompting message CIP to appear.
9. When CIP appears on display, press down
sharply on engine accelerator and hold it to
the floor. When VTM displays OFF, release
10. A number will be displayed after the engine
has returned to idle speed. This number is the
test result in units of percent of nominal rated
Run Confidence Test. Warm up
engine to operating temperature.
Possible Error Messages:
E009 Engine not running at start
E011 Throttle control operated
E012 Ignition adapter/pulse
E024 Test not valid for VID
Engine idle speed must be checked
before performing power test. Idle
speed must be within the 625-675
RPM (6.2L and 6.5L) range to run
test. Engine governor no load
speed must be checked before
performing power test. Governor no
load speed must be within the
3600-3800 RPM (6.2L) and
3900-4100 RPM (6.5L) range to