Change 1 2-318.11
1. Set the voltmeter to a DC volts scale of at least
2. Connect the RED lead to positive and the
BLACK lead to negative.
3. Be sure to read the correct scale.
1. Set the voltmeter to an ohms scale of about
2. Connect the RED and BLACK leads to the
connections stated in the question.
3. Be sure to read the correct scale. Less than
5 ohms indicates continuity. For an open
circuit, the meter should peg full scale (needle
all the way to the left).
Replace harness. Notify DS Maintenance.
Replace glowplugs, refer to (para. 3-38).
Replace distribution box,
refer to (para. 4-5.1).
with pins 'A' & 'B'
STE/ICE-R TEST 91
1. Connect RED clip and BLACK clip to the
indicated test points in the question. RED to the
first, BLACK to the second.
2. Start Test 91, 0-4500 ohms.
3. Displayed reading is in ohms. Less than 5 ohms
is continuity. If the resistance is over 4500 ohms,
STE/ICE displays 184.108.40.206.
0-45 DC VOLTS
STE/ICE-R TEST 89
1. Connect RED clip to the indicated test point,
BLACK clip to negative or ground.
2. Start Test 89, DC volts.
3. Displayed reading is in volts.
Disconnect negative battery cable before
disconnecting and reconnecting
distribution box harness.
There is battery voltage at the distribution box
at all times. Failure to disconnect battery cable
will result in damage to equipment or injury to