Replace rotary switch, refer to
Repair wiring or replace harness,
refer to (para 4-85).
REAR OF ROTARY SWITCH
1. Set the voltmeter to a DC volts scale of at
least 40 volts.
2. Connect the RED lead to positive and the
BLACK lead to negative.
3. Be sure to read the correct scale.
1. Set the voltmeter to an ohms scale of about
2. Connect the RED and BLACK leads to the
connections stated in the question.
3. Be sure to read the correct scale. Less than
5 ohms indicates continuity. For an open
circuit, the meter should peg full scale (needle
all the way to the left).
0-45 DC VOLTS
STE/ICE-R TEST 89
1. Connect RED clip to the indicated test point,
BLACK clip to negative or ground.
2. Start Test 89, DC volts.
3. Displayed reading is in volts.
STE/lCE-R TEST 91
1. Connect RED clip and BLACK clip to the
terminations indicated in the question. RED to
the first, BLACK to the second.
2. Start Test 91, 0-4500 ohms.
3. Displayed reading is in ohms. Less than 5
ohms is continuity. If the resistance is over
4500 ohms, STE/lCE displays 18.104.22.168.