Change 1 2-293
1. Set the voltmeter to a DC volts scale of at least
2. Connect the RED lead to positive and the
BLACK lead to negative.
3. Be sure to read the correct scale.
1. Set the voltmeter to an ohms scale of about
2. Connect the RED and BLACK leads to the
connections stated in the question.
3. Be sure to read the correct scale. Less than 5
ohms indicates continuity. For an open circuit,
the meter should peg full scale (needle all the
way to the left).
Check the wires and connections at both ends for
broken wires or any kind of bad connection.
Repair whatever you can. If the wires and
connections seem OK, you have to replace the
REAR OF ROTARY SWITCH
Repair wiring or replace harness, refer to (para. 4-85).
Replace rotary switch, refer to (para. 4-7).
0-45 DC VOLTS
STE/ICE-R TEST 89
1. Connect RED clip to the indicated test point,
BLACK clip to negative or ground.
2. Start Test 89, DC volts.
3. Displayed reading is in volts.
STE/ICE-R TEST 91
1. Connect RED clip and BLACK clip to the
terminations indicated in the question. RED to
the first, BLACK to the second.
2. Start Test 91, 0-4500 ohms.
3. Displayed reading is in ohms. Less than 5
ohms is continuity. If the resistance is over 4500
ohms, STE/ICE displays 188.8.131.52.
Disconnect negative battery cable before
disconnecting and reconnecting protective
control box/distribution box harness.
There is battery voltage at the
PCB/distribution box at all times. Failure to
disconnect battery cable will result in damage
to equipment or injury to personnel.