Change 1 2-291
1. Set the voltmeter to a DC volts scale of at least
2. Connect the RED lead to positive and the
BLACK lead to negative.
3. Be sure to read the correct scale.
1. Set the voltmeter to an ohms scale of about
2. Connect the RED and BLACK leads to the
connections stated in the question.
3. Be sure to read the correct scale. Less than 5
ohms indicates continuity. For an open circuit,
the meter should peg full scale (needle all the
way to the left).
Replace rotary switch, refer to (para. 4-7).
Repair wiring or replace switch, refer to
PCB/DISTRIBUTION BOX BODY CONNECTOR
The connections for the neutral safety
switch can be reached by removing the
engine cover. The connections are near
the gear shift lever.
STE/ICE-R TEST 91
1. Connect RED clip and BLACK clip to the
terminations indicated in the question. RED to
the first, BLACK to the second.
2. Start Test 91, 0-4500 ohms.
3. Displayed reading is in ohms. Less than 5
ohms is continuity. If the resistance is over 4500
ohms, STE/ICE displays 188.8.131.52.
0-45 DC VOLTS
STE/ICE-R TEST 89
1. Connect RED clip to the indicated test
point, BLACK clip to negative or ground.
2. Start Test 89, DC volts.
3. Displayed reading is in volts.
Disconnect negative battery cable before
disconnecting and reconnecting protective
control box/distribution box harness.
There is battery voltage at the PCB/distribution
box at all times. Failure to disconnect battery
cable will result in damage to equipment or
injury to personnel.