STARTER AVERAGE CURRENT
STE/lCE-R TEST 71
1. Start Test 71, starter average current.
2. Displayed reading is in amps. The starter
should draw at least 200 amps with a peak of
over 400 amps.
1. Set the voltmeter to a DC volts scale of about 1
2. Connect the BLACK lead to the battery side of
the current shunt and the RED lead to the other
end of the current shunt.
3. Current shunt voltage is proportional to battery
current, 100 millivolts. 1000 amps. To get
current, multiply millivolts x 10.
STE/lCE-R TEST 67
1. Start Test 67, battery voltage.
2. Displayed reading is in volts. Batteries should
be 23-25.5 volts. Batteries voltage will drop when
glowplugs turn on.
1. Set the voltmeter to a DC volts scale of at
least 40 volts.
2. Connect the RED lead to positive and the
BLACK lead to negative.
3. Be sure to reed the correct scale.